In the Safety Awards, there are various categories that entrants may be allocated to.
Supreme Safety Award (sponsored by Phillips66 Ireland Limited)
Platinum Awards [last year and open to Supreme winners in 2011 - 2013]
President’s Category Awards
- Overall small company award, less than 50 employees.
- Overall medium company award, 50–100 employees.
- Overall large company award, more than 100 employees
- Overall construction award (sponsored by the Construction Industry Federation)
- Overall chemical / pharmaceutical award
- Overall new entry award
Business Category Awards
• Agricultural Produce
• Chemical / Pharmaceutical Awards
Pharmaceuticals [Fill Finish]
Pharmaceuticals [Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
• Construction Awards
Insulation and Energy Conservation
Mineral Extraction/Quarrying/Concrete Products
• Consultants (Safety, Management, etc.)
• Education and Training • Electronic / Electrical Manufacturing / Assembly
• Facilities Management and Services
• Financial / Insurance
• Food/Drink • Local Authorities/Councils
• Information Technology and Computer Services
• Local Authorities/Councils
• Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing / Assembly
• Medical Devices
• Medical Services
• Public Service (Government Services, Public Bodies, Semi-State, Emergency Services, Prisons, etc.)
• Sport / Leisure • Transport / Distribution/Storage
• Utilities / Telecoms Providers (Power Generation / Distribution,
• Telecoms, Water, Gas, etc.)
• Voluntary, Social and Community
• Waste Management
• Other Manufacturing
• Other Services
Consistent High Achiever Awards
These awards are made to organisations who have achieved a Distinction Award or greater over the previous five years.
- East [Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow]
- Midlands [Laois, Longford, Offaly, Westmeath]
- Mid West [Clare, Limerick, Tipperary North]
- North East [Cavan, Louth, Meath, Monaghan]
- North West [Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo]
- South East [Carlow, Tipperary South, Waterford, Wexford]
- South [Cork, Kerry]
- West [Galway, Mayo, Roscommon]
New Entry Awards
Not featured in the overall category awards.
- Small, less than 50 employees.
- Medium, 50–100 employees.
- Large, more than 100 employees.
Highly Commended Awards
Occupational Health Award (sponsored by Health &Safety Authority (HSA) and Health & Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI))
This new award is designed for companies who demonstrate clear evidence that they manage a clear and proactively structured occupational health programme for their employees. This programme should be based on the hazard identification and risk assessments applicable within the company and may include such items as, Pre-employment medicals, Periodic medicals, Hearing, Vibration, Skin Care, Respiratory issues, General Health issues, EAP, Shift Work, Diet, Hygiene matters, etc.
No separate entry is required but the winner will be selected from all entries who can demonstrate and provide evidence that their occupational health programme is top class. This award will be made in addition to whatever other award the successful organisation has achieved.