- 1. It is the content of the submission that is important. This should be presented as per headings numbers 1–10 in the prompt list to ensure full allocation of marks.
- 2. The following are important points in preparing your submission:
- Follow the heading and reference numbering,
- Ensure all points raised are covered in your submission,
- Give reason(s) when you feel that a question may not be applicable in your case,
- Ensure the evidence submitted for each section is cross referenced,
- Limit the submission document to a maximum of one A4 folder measuring approx. 3 inches or 7.5 cm.
- 3. Further information on how an organisation should put together a submission is available throughout the website safetyawards.ie or contact NISO or NISG. Make sure you consult the FAQ section.
- 4. All statements or performance claims will only be accepted if backed by documentary evidence.
- Brevity and clarity should be of prime consideration.
- Information and evidence required must only apply to 2013.
- No current year information is required except for accident statistics for the period 1 January – 31 March.
- 5. Statistics for accident performance should be included for as many years as possible. If records are not available for particular years, please indicate this by writing No Records. Indicate zero as 0.
- 6. Specific policies and/or procedures must be attached and referenced to the relevant sections covered, for example: Risk Assessment, First Aid, Emergency Procedures, Safe Systems of Work, etc.
- Forms submitted should be relevant to your organisation’s submission.
- Blank forms will not be considered as supporting evidence. Note: Confidential information may be blanked out.
- 7. If a guideline is not applicable in your case, state this fact and the reason why it does not apply.
- 8. To maximise marks, policy statements must be signed and dated.
- 9. Adjudicators can only mark on evidence that is submited
- 10. Adjudicators can award up to 10 marks based on the quality of presentation to include: presentation in correct order, one lever arch type folder, easy cross referencing system, etc. [New for 2014].
View / download the Awards Guide [pdf; 248kb]