10. Demonstration of Superior Performance in Health and Safety
This is section 10 of 10 to be included in your submission.
Superior performance can be demonstrated by evidence of “going the extra mile”, performance over and above the legal requirement for 2014.
There are a number of ways for organisations to demonstrate their superior performance in health and/or safety. This could include but is not limited to:
- Evidence of an excellent health and safety culture within the organisation;
- Evidence of how best practice is identified and promoted within the organisation;
- Evidence of promotion of health and safety standards externally with contractors and sub-contractors, suppliers, other interested parties, etc.;
- Evidence of effective health & safety supply chain management;
- Evidence of providing advice, support and assistance to other organisations;
- Evidence of how the organisation caters for persons with disabilities;
- Evidence of innovative solutions;
- Evidence of corporate social responsibility;
- Evidence of wellbeing, counselling, lifestyle initiatives;
- Evidence of promoting employees to participate in CPD schemes (e.g. drivers, engineering, HR, health & safety, etc).
- Evidence of attendance at NISO/NISG conferences, seminars, courses, quizzes, etc.
Download the awards guide [prompt list] [pdf; 242kb]
Download the Safety Awards Entry Form and Statistics section [see page 2] [pdf; 211kb]