5. Health and Safety Communication and Consultation
This is section 5 of 12 to be included in your submission.
Health and safety communication and consultation in any organisation is very important in developing and maintaining a positive safety culture. Consultation and communications with employees, contractors, visitors and other interested parties demonstrates management’s commitment to continual improvement in health and safety standards. Health and safety policies and procedures should be developed and implemented to address barriers to effective communication (literacy, language, disabilities, etc).
This section covers all health and safety communication which is not requested specifically elsewhere and covers all aspects of the organisation, e.g. employees, contractors and visitors.
Supporting evidence relating to 2020 required in key areas associated with this section must include current evidence of implementation and review.
Examples of the evidence required:
- Health and safety communication at all levels within the organisation;
- Methods of health and safety communication;
- Communications with contractors, visitors, other interested parties, etc.;
- Advice, support and assistance to other organisations;
- Consultation with employee representatives (trade union, employee representatives, safety committees [to include membership structure and terms of reference], etc;
- Participation in organised health and/or safety campaigns at National, European or International level;
- Evidence that the organisation has participated in or been acknowledged in any external award scheme(s);
- Advice on personal health and safety outside of normal work;
This is not an exhaustive list but presents a structure for applicants.
Download the awards guide [prompt list] [pdf; 764kb]